fellow MKIII In OKC need some help

Boostin4Life

Boost addict
Jan 7, 2006
Oklahoma
if you live near or in oklahoma city and could help me out with my new 87 turbo supra, i would really appreciate it. please pm me or post.

Boostin4Life

Boost addict
Jan 7, 2006
Oklahoma
My 87 Turbo Supra's speedometer is off by 11 mph. I had a friend cruise around 65mph and then I would pace him and once we reach the desired speed my speedometer was showing 76mph what do I do to fix this?

also I have play in my shifter where do i buy the shifter bushings, i heard something about the green truck gasket?? anyt information woud be helpful

also I need to put the ac belt on my supra back on is it just slip it on and go or does it require more work? such as take off any covers? or take off belts?

and theirs a strange sound from the engine bay while driving and idle and when i purchased the car the guy said it was a bad pully and gave me a reaplacement one and I would need help replacing it since apparently the bad one is under the timing cover not sure tho whats the real problem.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
the AC belt is easy to take off and put back on, loosen the bolt in the middle of the pully and loosen the tensioner bolt, put the belt on and tighten the tensioner bolt till the belt is as tight as you want it then tighten the pully belt and that it. nothing else has to come off.

Did you put some tiny tires on it? 11MPH faster than its actually going is alot. you must have those 10" diameter wheels or something?
How bout a rear end gear change or a tranny change?
All of those could cause the speedo to be off. Usually you can change the speedo cable gears in the tranny to change what the speedo is showing compared to what its actually going. I dont know if these toyotas have them tho.