Factory color question

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Thanks for everyone's help:

Just wondering what is the factory color for the window molding for the windshield and the hatchback? I bought a new set of molding for the front and back glass and they came gloss black, I could have sworn they were suppose to be flat black or stain black form the factory.

Thanks!!:biglaugh:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Toyota Auto nation in Huston Texas, they used to be J Marks, I got a full set for front and back. I think It was four hundred bucks for everything.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Jeff Lange;2092032 said:
They're supposed to be gloss black.

Did you get a complete set for the front? If so where did you find them? Been trying to find the sides.

Jeff

I hope these aren't rare! Maybe I should buy a set right now... eek. My 91 needs basically all the window trim replaced. Some parts are discontinued, but the windshield better not be! Let us know if you find them to be discontinued, Jeff!

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I think so,.. when I bought mine they said it was the last set,...so I bought them, but try calling them, I may have misunderstood them.

Leatherhead

Jul 29, 2016
Inland Northwest
I got a front set from Safelite when they replaced my windshield. I'm in the same boat that all of mine should be replaced. I've been gradually painting it when its convenient, but that doesn't do anything for the edge that seals against the glass.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Jeff Lange;2092032 said:
They're supposed to be gloss black.

Did you get a complete set for the front? If so where did you find them? Been trying to find the sides.

Jeff

Jeff, question for you I would like to know what is the factory color for the belt molding, it has gloss black on top but there is spot where the paint chipped off, and you can see flat black underneath the gloss paint

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
Koenigturbo;2092288 said:
Jeff, question for you I would like to know what is the factory color for the belt molding, it has gloss black on top but there is spot where the paint chipped off, and you can see flat black underneath the gloss paint

Do you mean the door window sills? If so, yes they are satin black. Got a new set four years ago. I'm guessing they made them satin because they figured that's a 'high traffic' area for dirt.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I was able to buy the front upper trim and the side right trim. driver's side windshield trim is OOS and discontinued, apparently. Sad day... Off to watch Ebay now I guess.

**EDIT: literally just found and bought the driver's side on Ebay. Should have all the windshield trim covered now. Now if only I could find all the rear quarter window trim and side mirror brackets...