excessive vibration on 2jzge engine at 900 rpms

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I just completed my 2jzge swap into my 1990 Supra and the engine seems to run smoothly but I am getting excessive vibration at 900 rpm. The entire car vibrates and make noise. It's really annoying. At higher rpms it is much smoother. I tested the engine for compression and it was at 210 on all cylinders. I have new spark plugs, coil, and distributor cap and rotor and wires. I don't think this is being caused by misfires. I didn't change my transmission mount but I did purchase engine mounts from driftmotion and I think they indicated they were stiffer than OEM. I tried loosing the bottom bolts on my engine mounts and it made a difference. The vibrations then occurred at 600 rpms. I even bought a new harmonic balance and that didn't make any difference at all. Has anyone else had issues with vibrations from too stiff engine mounts? I'm open to other suggestions. I may try to purchase a new transmission mount but I think they are stiffer than OEM too. Unless of course I get one from Toyota. Any suggestions are welcomed.

thanks