excessive camber

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
:1zhelp: Well I went out and got some new tires (still waiting on one) and got an alignment. I got to sit and watch the guy do the alignment everything in the rear was perfect. When he got to the front I went to pay the bill and he asked me to come back, now im worried, caster is way off. Camber and toe are perfect caster comes nowhere near 9.8 on the driver 5.3 on the passenger both are maxed out. I don't remember if it was negative or positive, but I do have a bad vibration from the passenger front we both believe its a wheel bearing. Now the most contributing factor I can think of is that my suspesion is pretty much dead. The alignment before when I had 19's was 100% how likely is bent control arms? or is it the suspension/subframe bushings? :1zhelp:

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
Check your rotor run out, If you are fortunate enough to have the all data, As warped rotor can cause some NASTY vibration. I wouldn't bet on your control arms being bent, unless your have ever curbed your car, if so your could be in for a nice suprise.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
A high frequency type, not like a "bad vibration" I went to 70 mph and my car shakes kind of thing that I assumed he was talking about.

You're right though, I shouldn't have been so quick to assume, I just want him to consider other options if he hasn't.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
About the alignment...

Did you see that the eccentrics are actually maxed out? They all move freely? Did the tech know there are four eccentrics in the front? There is a lot of adjustment in the front of these cars. I have a feeling something was overlooked. It would be kinda easy to overlook something, if you dont know the car, most cars are nowhere near as adjustable.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Caster and camber get adjusted at the same time. Take it back and tell them to do it over.