EMU controlling meth

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
trying to catch up some fellow supra owners hp wise, and was looking into using meth. i know there are two kinds of kits, progressive and non-progressive. my question isn't which is better, but what method of having the EMU control it is better.

the emu can turn relays on/off dependant on boost, so right there, it can function as a non-progressive kit.

the emu can also drive injectors, and allow to add/trim the injector pulse width. so i was figuring hooking up an injector to the cold pipe and running it off the emu. however, from what i heard, a water/meth mix is no good for regular injectors. so either i get a methanol specific injector (magnus makes one), or is it possible to run the pump (via relay) off of the emu as an injector, and it'll be turning it on/off all the time, which would be similar to a progressive kit?

thanks

Last edited:

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
interesting concept. sounds like to me it will work with a pump and correct injector. but then on the tuning side im not sure if you could control one injector separate that the other injector's duty cycle. maybe speak to tuning shop first to see if it possible