EMS 6860 will not rev past 5500 RPM

vangb2

Sep 14, 2009
minnesota
After many days of tuning, I cannot get my engine to rev past 5500 rpm. I have tryed many other set up and it seems to be stopping at 5500 rpm. I'm starting to convince myself that it may not be my set up in the EMS software but it may be either spark plugs or my ignitor is no good.

I am using the U.S. 2jzgte 550 cc injectors that measures at 2.1 ohms.

If anyone that has any experience with Motorsport EMS, Please help.

Here is my software set up through this link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=08a682ff27cce4478ef1259ff1b60e81214227fc57879143b16e5c9d3b204475

Please let me know if you need more informations.

Thanks

vangb2

Sep 14, 2009
minnesota
The rpm continues to stay at 5500 rpm with the pedal to the floor. I'v stepped the foot pedal to the floor and hold for 5 seconds and it will not rise anymore. I hear some poping but its not too bad. More like a soft pop. I don't have a limit to my rpm setting so it should rev past 5500. Also for some reason, I do not have any boost from my turbo. I have a T88 and it should start boosting around that rang.

Thanks for you help.

vangb2

Sep 14, 2009
minnesota
The motor has never been run with the stock set-up because the stock ecu was bad. I've decided to go with this aftermarket ecu.

Long story short. I got the engine to rev past 7500 rpm the other day with a crappy set-up (software). It ran with the bad set up but it idles rough, rpm jumping errattically but then I tuned it again and the engine stopped and never ran. I used a map that I download and re-configure the settings so the CAS will operate correctly. After the re-setup, It still will not start. I took the spark plug out and check for sparks. I didn't see any sparks so I then unplug the ignitor and did a continueity check between ignitor plug and coil wire and check to make sure coil was getting power (B+). All check was good.

I don't know what happen but it started to spark again. So I decided to plug in some new plugs that was originally purchase for my 2jzge. I don't know if the plug will effect the reving issue but tomorrow I'm going to buy some 2jzgte plugs to see if it will help.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
**Check your anti lag settings, you have it set to turn on at 5550 rpm.**

Remove throttle position from load source two.

Do you have a wide band? you have the same/less amount of fuel from 1000rpm to 6000rpm.

Baro compensation your pulling 100% fuel across the board.

You have a shit load of timing. did you make that map? And did you set your static timing correctly?

vangb2

Sep 14, 2009
minnesota
I didn't make this map. I needed a map to get my car running and this was the closes to it. I do not have a wide band, but I was trying to use my stock o2 sensor with 3 wires. As far as baro, I still don't know what it means after reading the manual 5 times a day. I will try to reconfigure the settings. Thanks

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
vang

you are going to kill your motor at this rate in short order.

Swallow that pride and take it to shane at DB motorsports. This is just configuration errors that should not happen if everything is configured right.

vangb2

Sep 14, 2009
minnesota
Well, I got it past 5500 rpm after a few tune recommended by nosechunk. It rev and hit 6700 rpm with only 5 lbs. of boost only then it stopped. It will not boost past 5 lbs. I've checked for loose t-clamp but it turns out that all attachments are tight.

Anyone knows a reputable shop in Minnesota that deals with Motorsport ECU?

What can shane at motorsport do for me? Will they be able to configure it correctly without my car on the dyno? where are they located?

Last edited:

vangb2

Sep 14, 2009
minnesota
I didn't know that he was located in MN. I finally found his address. Thanks for your input figgie and funky

Last edited: