Emanage blue connection problem HELP

JP85MX73

May 24, 2010
NY
I am trying to use the support tool to access the unit, but have been unsucessfull. The unit was previously used and seems to be in working condition from the lights on the front the Active light is steady green and occasionally blinks orange and the Interaction light with the car off ign ON is solid orange and with the car ON blinking orange. The problem i am having is when using the support tool. I have tried using the 1.49 from your website as well as 1.11 and 1.20 1.4. I have all the com ports properly set up on the computer through device manager and on the emanage software (COM 2). When im plugged in the bottom will display ONLINE and I will have access to the menu bars, but on other occasions i only have access to the UNIT MAIN UPDATE. If i attempt to update the unit on 1.11 I will either get a "communication error check cable" or the progress bar will sit at one bar completed and just continue a count for over an hour. With ver 1.49 the progress bar will come up and have no progress, but continue to count out. The Emanage unit itself Interaction light never blinks and the software does what i said above sometimes even if the cable is not plugged into the unit. Ive tried this with a win98 pc with a serial port and with a win 7 pc with a usb to serial converter and have had the same results. I saw a few people online having the same problem, but i could not find any information on its resolution. Any ideas??