electronic boost guage

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
just helped a friend install a AEM tru boost and i put the solenoid by the relays on the passenger side fender, and its the closest to the turbo there, (less hoses)

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
on an external have a hose from the compressor housing port to the pressure/in side of the controller, then have a hose from the BOTTOM port of the wastegate to the other fitting of the controller, then if i were you get another hose and connect to the TOP port of the wastegate and have the other end open vented to atmosphere and hide it some where safe, mine is behind my abs control valve body

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Its ideal to have the line as short as practicable. The longer it is, the more volume there is to compress to get decent reading. (maybe so minimal its barely noticed but still :) )

Also its a sensor, not a solenoid! ;)

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
ya as i was, it a sensor. so ill run that thing really close to the 3000 vaccuum pipe port. the one that goes to the BOV. the trick is doing it and not making it look like crap. the sensor is just has a 12V hot, a ground, and a signal wire correct?

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
oh just for a pressure sensor? shit! ha for that just T into a hose straight from the intake plenum. use my previous info for your boost controller

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
ok, which vaccuum line then? theres about a hundred lol and if im pulling off the intake plennum they i imagine i can pull off the 3000 pipe (ie the BOV vaccuum line) correct?

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
woudnt be the best place to put it looks wise though i imagine. any specific line i can pull off of on the back side of the intake so i can tuck the sensor and wires?