Electromotive

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Tec 3r pricey?

No it is not.

Duane ran the Tec II

I ran the Tec3, The issue with the Tec3..... you MUST run the GM sensors AND you MUST run the 60-2 crank trigger wheel. No if's, ands or doubts about it.

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
figgie;1307626 said:
Tec 3r pricey?

No it is not.

Duane ran the Tec II

I ran the Tec3, The issue with the Tec3..... you MUST run the GM sensors AND you MUST run the 60-2 crank trigger wheel. No if's, ands or doubts about it.

You would'nt happen to have the wiring instructions for the tec, would you?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
sprigmo1;1310192 said:
You would'nt happen to have the wiring instructions for the tec, would you?

It is a standalone. If you are asking how to wire one up. You should not be doing it as it is basic wiring of electronic equipment.

If you are talking about the wiring diagram for the tec3...

http://www.directignition.com/pdf_files/tec3.pdf

have to read the document to get pin specific information.

Last edited:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm thinking he's trying to ask for the diagrams, and using the wrong terminology ;)

Electromotive keeps the information on their website, as I recall. The TEC series is not very pricey in relation to things like MoTeC, but hey - to a guy like me whipping up a MSnS-e, it's pretty pricey ;)

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Doward;1310459 said:
I'm thinking he's trying to ask for the diagrams, and using the wrong terminology ;)

Electromotive keeps the information on their website, as I recall. The TEC series is not very pricey in relation to things like MoTeC, but hey - to a guy like me whipping up a MSnS-e, it's pretty pricey ;)

Thanks! Yes, I am asking for diagrams. Or any info the wiring instructions don't include for our cars.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
sprigmo1;1310708 said:
Thanks! Yes, I am asking for diagrams. Or any info the wiring instructions don't include for our cars.

No standalone won't..

You need to know what the stock stuff does natively. The only exceptionm is the wolf3d which I think they have pin outs on how to connect to the 7m harness.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yeah, it's very rare to find a manufacturer that's going to get you every pinout for every car.

That's why it's a STANDALONE engine management system - it's designed to work with a very wide variety of vehicles, but it's up to you, the installer, to know what needs to go where in the wiring harness ;)