EGT/InnovateLM2 Wideband bung/Sensor Questions

Supra Ev

Nov 25, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
Ok, so I have a 89 7mgte in a 84 mk2 innovate lm1 and maftpro, stockish ct-26 and everything else is practically stock. I have had the car running for almost a year now and the wideband started going funky over the summer. Error 8 on the Innovate lm1, then it finally cut out and wouldn't give me any signal on the gauge. So I decided to buy a new wideband after reading up that the sensor needs to operate at less than 500*C or 900*F (?) that information leads me to believe that was the failure of my old unit, sensor way too close to the turbo outlet. The current sensor sits really close to the turbo outlet (less than 12") (Delivered with a wideband bung Raptor Racing divorced downpipe) so I'm going to move the WB Bung down stream closer to the transmission bellhousing (no room on the mk2 to go closer to firewall) but I'm wondering if anyone has any data on EGT's in a few spots on the downpipe area? Am I still going to have an issue with that above 500*C/900*F operating temperature? I'd assume I would.

I'm running stupid rich right now to keep things safe-ish but will need to jump on the maft and straighten things out once I get the new bung in place and new wideband sensor in place so that I don't kill it with unburnt fuel.

EGT data along downpipe?
Anyone have experience with the LM1 and Or 2? I have another question regarding the gauge wiring for anyone that has experience with them. Thanks