egr block off plates

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
I have a jdm motor . it looks like egr block off plate is missing on the intake manifold (pic 1). .. the second picture shows that the second block off plate (red circle ) is already on there ..am i right in saying i only need a block off plate on intake manifold for egr block off also does the orange circle stay open with no blockoff plates ? thanks

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Where the orange circle is is fine. No block needed there, since it only exits to the side of the head.

The one where the red circle is is where the exhaust gas enters the EGR cooler area. It needs to be blocked, or else it's an exhaust leak. The port where the EGR would enter the intake manifold also needs to be blocked or else it's an intake leak. The ports where it would go in/out of the head don't matter, and will be left open.

If you have the EGR setup from your USDM motor, and are planning to run your own ECU, I would use it myself, but I like lower EGTs.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
Thanks thats what I figured ....I dont have anything for egr as I biught the car with the jdm motor ...I agree running egr is probably a better option for the lower egt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta