Eclipse vs. my 7M Daily Driver

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Going up the 2 lane highway today, doing about 65 in a 55, passing some cars in the left, then I come up on the usual (I don't care if I'm in the passing lane, I'm not moving) type of guy in an eclipse with probably a cat back exhaust (looked all nice and shiny chromed out). So I get close enough to let him know I'm agitated, and he starts to speed up. So I'm fine with this and all and pace him 2 car lengths back...

...so we're cruising and I'm 2 car lengths behind him now and we come up on another (see (...) above) and this guy won't move right either. So the Eclipse goes right to pass and I follow of course, but instead of staying in the driving lane, the eclipse gets back in the passing lane. I'm like common now...so I'm speeding up, and the eclipse is pacing me...

...Now we're both coming up on a bunch of traffic on the right (2 lanes only) and I'm like you're not locking me in, so I start to gradually accelerate letting the turbo spool up and just as I get a nose up....BAM he hits it hard...and I'm thinking to myself..."if this guy is really a dick...as soon as we're next to this traffic, he is gonna slow back down and lock me in..."

So I pop out of o/d and start pulling third....about half throttle I'm reeling him in....and just as the gap is closing, I let loose 3rd, blow by him and let off (since we're going pretty fast).

Well then...he's right on my ass...going pretty quick...and it opens up to the right. I had every intention to move right and let him by, but he tries to take a ricer fly by on the right... I decided that I was gonna teach this dude a little something about supras...

I let him get up on my front fender...and then I let it all go....pulling 3rd all the way into 4th (automatic). When I hit 4th, I look back....and I'm pretty sure I could see him...but he was a little silver spec in my rear mirror. I slowed back to 65, put the cruise on and enjoyed the rest of my ride.