Eclipse AVN-5500 Double Din

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
For your information, the above unit will plug in to the stock stereo harness of our MK3. I was ready to splice the Metra plugs with the Eclipse Unit and I just noticed the plugs were the same. Pretty much the colors matched and it works. I wonder if the other Eclipse unit comes with similar connections. True plug and play without any hacks.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
reydio;1176578 said:
For your information, the above unit will plug in to the stock stereo harness of our MK3. I was ready to splice the Metra plugs with the Eclipse Unit and I just noticed the plugs were the same. Pretty much the colors matched and it works. I wonder if the other Eclipse unit comes with similar connections. True plug and play without any hacks.

No, unfortunately other Eclipse units have separate harness and crimp connections are required.

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
All Eclipse stereo equipment is made by Fujitsu-ten, the same manufacturer as the stock head unit in our MKIII's. They used the same harnesses for their aftermarket equipment as they did the OEM equipment that they put in Toyota's. All Eclipse head units plug directly into our factory harness.