Ebay gt45 on a stock 7m on the dyno

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
i would put the CT26 back on, or WAIT if i were you. Those turbos are VERY prone to failure. They tend to have thrust failure which pushes the compressor wheel into the housing at which point the wheel looses all it's blades which end up in the intercooler or worse in the engine. Just a heads up, we see them in the shop ALL the time.

Blizzard59999

May 4, 2009
jamaica, ny
Well i'm not worried about it too much about it anymore beacuse i jus won a Garrett T04B turbocharger, The turbo compressor side has a .60 a/r and the turbine side has a 1.15 a/r. The compressor wheel is 2.13" or 54mm and the turbine wheel is a P-trim for high exhaust flow. The turbine side is tang divided for better exhaust flow and has the standard T4 flange for the inlet. The exhaust outlet is a 2.75 inch V-band. The compressor inlet is 3 inch and the outlet is 2 inch. I would assume this turbo would be a better fit on to my car. What do you guy think?

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Blizzard59999;1409479 said:
Well i'm not worried about it too much about it anymore beacuse i jus won a Garrett T04B turbocharger, The turbo compressor side has a .60 a/r and the turbine side has a 1.15 a/r. The compressor wheel is 2.13" or 54mm and the turbine wheel is a P-trim for high exhaust flow. The turbine side is tang divided for better exhaust flow and has the standard T4 flange for the inlet. The exhaust outlet is a 2.75 inch V-band. The compressor inlet is 3 inch and the outlet is 2 inch. I would assume this turbo would be a better fit on to my car. What do you guy think?

that 1.15 backhousing is way to big for a street car. I the bigger the backhousing the more "upstairs" a turbo have, More power in the higher rpm, but it takes longer to build boost. If you plan on running that turbo i would switch it to a smaller exhaust side backhousing, a .81 is more like it. Quicker spool and will make the turbo more streetable less lag.

but again the problem your having rite now isnt with your turbo, is with building boost. Its not the turbo's fault that you cant go past 15. Its something else, boost controller, faulty wastegate, boost leaks, etc, I would fix the problem first be4 swappin turbo's.

and again im available any afternoon just hit me up bro

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Blizzard59999;1409479 said:

Would work well on a rotary.....

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
sorry to say this, but you can go past 15psi because of the back housing, i have been there before with a 0.96A/R back housing, i could not make it past 17psi, as soon as i switched to 0.68A/R boost was perfect all the way up.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Blizzard59999;1409841 said:
actually the turbo looks smaller then that gt45 but yeah ur right i should check for leaks

Of course it looks smaller than the GT45, its only a .60 A/R compressor,. or are you talking about the exhuast housing looking smaller than the GT45?

nightshade917

Nov 27, 2006
florida
suprafanatic;1410354 said:
Of course it looks smaller than the GT45, its only a .60 A/R compressor,. or are you talking about the exhuast housing looking smaller than the GT45?

i made 545whp with the shitty ebay gt45 people are downing on a 7m. would have made more but the shitty ebay wastegate did not have an adjuster plate or screw to tighten the spring. would have broke 600whp. Anyway i am extremely happy with that shitty turbo. no leaks no breaks solid all the way. :evil2:

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
I ran this turbo on my stock 7mgte last year. did great! ran 20psi every time i drove it. I cranked it up to 30psi with 110 leaded fuel and even in 4th gear it absolutely SMOKED the back tires. I never dyno'd it but it absolutely ripped. I had no trouble by any means making boost. Granted it did take a while, but it made HUGE power.
I had approx 8,000 miles on the turbo when i tore the car down. Found that it had very minimal shaft play however after dis-assembly i found excessive wear on the thrust washer.
Don't sweat the small #'s you're just nowhere near the effeciency range! :) its all good..

Also, what did you do for a downpipe? Post pics if you can, or PM me. I'm interested to see what you did compared to what I did.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Ya i have a 1.15 AR housing to, and it doesnt boost till like 4k, but it pulls when it does.... I gotta wait till i find a smaller housing i could swap or just a whole different turbo.