Ebay 67-1?!?!?!?!?!?

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
A 60-1 is considered to be pushing it in a CT housing, that's just ridiculous. Btw, that guy is full of shit, I've seen four or five of those for sale over the last few months.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
This has been covered before, and before and again and again and again.

Stay far far away from this setup.

This is the Garrett To4z / To4R 67mm compressor wheel.

It will fit the ct26 shaft.

Keep in mind the ct26 shaft is bigger than the To4 Garrett Shaft this wheel is designed to fit.

That being said, the problem with pushing this large of a compressor wheel into a ct26 compressor housings is surge.

Surge = turbine shaft snaps

From all the results that I have found, the ct26 STOCK compressor housing starts running into surge & flow problems around 58lbs / min.

This is typically the end of the line for the 60-1 compressor wheel.

Notice I did not say 60 TRIM.

That being said, the To4R / To4Z 67mm compressor wheel flows almost 75lbs/min.

Thats a far cry from the original Ct26 compressor wheel at just over 35 - 38lbs / min!

*WAIT THERES MORE*

The stock ct26 turbine wheel, in my opinion, does not have sufficient enough size to produce the torque required to turn such a large compressor wheel efficiently.

This is why you see P trim turbines, small turbine housings (.58), with the T67 wheel spool almost as fast as a stock ct26.

Im going to say this once, and you need to listen:

DO NOT RUN ANY THING LARGER THAN A 60 TRIM (NOT A 60-1) COMPRESSOR WHEEL IN A CT26 HOUSING WITH A CT26 TURBINE.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Take note ladies and gents. This is from a 57 trim that arrived a while ago.

This was not the compressor wheel's fault, but I lay blame on the BOV as it appears to have failed to open.

When this happens under load, we get surge. Surge = shaft snaps.

Enjoy the carnage. (Mind you the thrust washer - steel - had actually welded itself to the thrust bearing - brass)

p1021907_1.jpg
p1021907_2.jpg

daddydrew

under heavy constuction
Mar 24, 2008
FL
yea i thought that, that guy was full of shit and i figured a 60-1 waas pushing it thanks for the info

not to sure on what setup i should go with any ideas?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Reign_Maker;1024052 said:
Wow... We all know bigger must mean better! Im gunna buy it and use it as my boat propeller!

You'd be better served using it as a boat anchor. :D

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
ive always wanted to see one of those and hear the results. i thought about buying it and slappin it on my 60-1. But thanks to you guys i wont. and i mean that in a "thank you" manner LOL

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
MDCmotorsports;1021907 said:

"New product, toyota's new two-piece ct26 shaft! Don't waste time re-balancing your turbo or bothering with alignment, simply slide the two pieces in and get back to wondering why your car cuts out at 17psi on your stock fuel system!"

Good pics. ...that's some serious carnage.

--billyM