Eastwood's fender roll

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
Had a question if the fender roller tool is strong enough to roll the rear double wall lip on the MK3? Any tips or problems anyone's encountered. Thanks for your time.

not sent from my iPhone 5

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes it is.

Make sure to use a heat gun on the paint so it doesn't crack. Unless your paint is already bad.

Also you want to bend it a little at a time. Don't try to make the lip flat in like 3 rolls.

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
Yeah, I'm doing a complete paint job. Thanks, cause I read directly on Eastwood's website that it doesn't work for quote "dual thickness flanged fenders, mostly found on the rear of full size cars". So I'd figure ask the people that have actually done it. Thanks Hvy

not sent from my iPhone 5

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
I've seen it done wrong more than once.....

you really only need to roll from somewhere around the 10-2 (if the wheel was a clock) this should allow you to leave the moulding area's alone.

for me the roller got me 80% of the way there, then hammer and dollie, and little hand adjustments (front)

for my rears I planed on filling the rolled metal with seam sealer to avoid water permeation into the quarters in case I broke the OEM seal, which typically fail...

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
I believe dual thickness refers to a gap between the inner and outer sheet metal such as the 4th gen firebird/camaro, this will cause a problem when trying to roll flat.
How much work you will have to do on the A70 will depend on ride height and how aggressive your wheels are. I had to roll, pull, and trim the moldings for no rubbing.