Dyno disappointment (sort of)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Had the car tuned this past weekend by Justin Nenni.

was running a turbonetics/ct 60 trim upgrade but the turbo blew on or before dyno tuning. Best run was 369 HP/356 TQ at 13.5 lbs.

As you can see on the dyno chart, boost was very unsteady and dropped in the higher RPMs. Had the turbo kept it together, I think 450-475 would have been easily achievable.

Engine specifics:
Healthy 7m-gte, 550 injectors, 2JZ FFIM, Q45 throttle body, large intercooler w/2.75" hardpipes, AEM EMS

Dyno sheet:
photo.JPG

Last edited:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I consider the result subpar because I never came close to pushing the set-up due to the turbo checking out (the disappointment). The mods listed are the highlights in addition to the usual ones (fuel pump, fpr, ddp, etc).

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Full BOLT ON Turbonetics turbo kit or just upgraded stock to 60 trim turbonetics wheel? Those are some good numbers. You need to check on why the boost was all over. I did 430rwhp and 430 rwtq on 18 psi using MAFT PRO ,a stock upgraded ct26/60 trim and supporting mods.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Turbonetics turbine housing, CT-26 compressor housing...previous owner purchased it. Either way, boost was all over because the turbo was blown. Currently, its throwing oil at the air filter.

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
On the bright side, the turbo didnt explode sending chunks of compressor wheel into your ic, and smaller chucks into your intake valves once they pass your tb... tq those headstuds, slap on a new turbo and get back on that dyno!!!

Last time I was on the dyno my stock radiator got a pinhole leak next to the filler neck... that was upsetting, blew the day I had sceduled with my tuner.