Dumb Question about Drift Motion soft line kit

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
Do i need to use the crush washers at all now? Or do I just use pipe tape on the NPT fittings? I don't see why the crush washers would need to be used anymore due to the banjo fittings being gone..... any thoughts??

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
banjo fittings seal with a crush washer on both sides, threads seal as you tighten them and the tape ensures a leak free seal, does that kinda answer your question?

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
See.... told you it was a dumb question lol my bad. I think this thing should be up and running today or tomorrow after a month of down time \0.o/

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
nofx230;1837905 said:
banjo fittings seal with a crush washer on both sides, threads seal as you tighten them and the tape ensures a leak free seal, does that kinda answer your question?
Not quite correct, the Tape reduces friction and allows the threads to bottom out in the taper and seal.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
hvyman;1837970 said:
You will need a crush washer on the block as it is not npt threads.
This.

So, for the adapter which you put on the block, it uses a crush washer as a gasket to ensure no leaks. The NPT thread on the other side just uses the teflon tape. Next time you take it apart for whatever reason, leave the fitting on the block so that you don't need a replacement crush washer.