Driving Blind

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Searched a bunch of terms and nothing. Also manual searched a few pages back and still nothing.

Problem as it stands: Gauge cluster lights and interior lights do not work, Climate control lights only work when the headlights or parking lights are turned off (daytime), Cig lighter only works when headlights or parking lights are turned on

Some background info: Interior lights haven't worked since I bought the car in October, save the lights on the doors. Everything else worked fine with the exception of the cig lighter, which I never used.

Somewhere in between, I relocated the wideband from in between the seat and the center console to on top of the steering column. At this point everything that worked was still functioning, but it was then that I realized the cigarette lighter did NOT work, because my GPS was not charging.

From there I went on to make the cig lighter work, and apparently that's where I screwed up cause in trying to fix that, the only light that would come on is for my boost gauge. I checked the fuses in the kick panel and they're all in good shape, but I guess I loosened the wire that plugs into the boost gauge cause the light won't come on for that now, either.

Anyways, if you followed the emphasis in the problem statement you'll probably pick up on what I think is going to help me find the solution, but I need your help to get there. Any help is appreciated.

Also, if this doesn't really make sense to anyone, I have a couple pictures I can upload but my SD card reader's being a little bitch so I'll be looking for the cable.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
check your light control rheostat. as far as the cig lighter is concerned, verify the wiring is correct as per the wiring diagrams.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Rheostat does nothing, I'll check the wiring diagram when I get out of class but the cig lighter's not my primary concern so much as having a lit gauge cluster so I know how fast I'm going.