drifting alignnment questions

ma70guy

May 30, 2006
sherman tx
I'm installing some steering rack spacers and was wondering how many degrees front and rear toe out you guys are running for drifting haven't got coilovers yet. can I adjust it with them I'm not sure what all settings you can adjust with the coilovers any advice would be appreciated. newb to suspension upgrades here btw

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
From what I have found get the toe in the front to -10 to -15 on each front so -20 to -30 cross toe and for the rear run around 0 to -10 cross. Also the main thing you need to worry about is get the Caster up pretty high, I think stock is somewhere around 7.25 or so and you wanna run it up to 9 or more. Also probably wanna run Camber in too, something around -2 to -2.5 cross should do. I could be wrong never set up a supra for drift but I have set up quite a few other cars and these are around the specs they run.

jigbros

May 12, 2010
SAN FRANCISCO
From my experience, the only reason you would go with a "toe out" setting is to gain even more turn in, but I am assuming you are going to use this as a daily driver as well. What I used for my AE86 that I used for street and track was this: Camber -2.5 Caster was maxed but even on both sides. Toe was Zero. The corolla has a solid rear axle so I couldnt adjust that, but I would just leave the toe at Zero and rear camber it at -1.5. This all changes when your drift skill changes as well, but when that happens people go as much as -4 camber or more and play with the toe settings. I know some Formula D drivers that still maintain a Zero toe. Its not the camber that eats up your tires but its the toe.