Drag and Street Suspension

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
i need some help from the suspension guru's in selecting a suspension setup for supra. It will be a street car that will see alot of strip time. So most of the mods are in the sig., but I am planning on launching off an anti-lag at 20+psi then the boost will be turned up to over 30+psi. I will be running a set of 26" slicks on a 15" rim with skinnies up front. I will have corner weights around Christmas. It is a full stock interior car no cage(yet), running a R154, stock ratio LSD, with a Weir kit in it.

I would prefer a Coilover because I would like to have ride height adjustment option. But I would like to hear your suggestions and reasoning behind it.

Thanks for the help guys.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I would check the dyno/racing section. There are a few people in there doing similar things, that might be willing to share their experiences.

As for my only real point I can add, if you're going to be launching like that, and given the setup in the sig... you're going to need a cage sooner than later. ;)

Although looking at it a bit more closely, the "20mm oversized" catches my attention. Is that a reference to the bore, the stroke, the valves, the additional measurements taken from all six cylinders/pistons/etc..? Can't think of too many ways a 7m can be made THAT much larger in any particular dimension. :)