Doomsday Preppers

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
te72;1802102 said:
Catfish are bottom feeders, yes. They'll eat just about anything really... cheese puffs included. Makes great bait. :rofl:

Ha... Don't they have like the craziest clothes as well (like helmets, shoes, boots etc)?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mercuryfreak200;1808077 said:
I love that song! BIG BOWL OF SOURCROUT! EVERY SINGLE MORNING!...........( bad speller).
Good to see someone else knows their Weird Al. By the way, I think it's sour krout, sauer kraught, sower crouwt, wait, that doesn't seem right... you know what, fuck it. We get what you're saying. :p

Suprizim TT;1808237 said:
Ha... Don't they have like the craziest clothes as well (like helmets, shoes, boots etc)?
Err... huh?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
S.A. supra;1808307 said:
Finally caught a show....... And did they seek out the weird ones or are most preppers weird?

Believe it or not, Theresa knows a few of these people (And yes, a few are weird). However for the vast majority, the show goes out of the way to make them look weird.

For example, they've taken things out of context, or the conversations go like this:

Q: What's your reason for prepping?

A: No specific reason, any number of things could cause problems.

Q: Well name a few.

A: Global pandemic, economic collapse

Q: What would be a weird reason to prep?

A: The Mayan Calendar

And then this is what goes out over the air:

Q: What's your reason for prepping?

A: The Mayan Calendar

The producers of these shows are complete scumbags. I wouldn't go on one...

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Well, I don't know them PERSONALLY, but I know who they are. I've followed blogs or posts on forums or something similar.

So not only is it weird to see a person I know, it's weird to hear them say things they don't mean, since most of it is taken out of context.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That doesn't surprise me one bit. Wonder who's behind the editing to make prepared people seem crazy? Who's interest might THAT be in?

The boy scouts always teach you to be prepared. Hell, even FEMA tells people to be prepared, not to mention the CDC... so who's twisting the editing on this show?

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Oh, from everything I heard, the producer is scum of the earth.

The girl in Texas who went hiking through the city in the middle of the night in shorts and flip flops? Originally had dressed in jeans and boots, but the producer wanted the show to have more sex appeal so had her change.

The guy in LA who was finding all the wild edibles? They portrayed him as a vagrant, but he has a wife, kids, and a nice home there.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
te72;1809872 said:
Wonder who's behind the editing to make prepared people seem crazy? Who's interest might THAT be in?

Honestly? The advertisers... The American public eats up that shit. Jersey Shore? The Kardashians? It sells. Showing sane people doing sane things might be accurate, but it wouldn't catch the attention of the average schmuck. Sex it up, or crazy it up enough, and you'll get the dumb (m)asses to line up...

It's not a conspiracy, it's simple economics when your primary target audience is borderline illiterate and horribly undereducated.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Supracentral;1809908 said:
It's not a conspiracy, it's simple economics when your primary target audience is borderline illiterate and horribly undereducated.
...and people wonder why I haven't had tv hooked up in my room for... oh, I dunno, probably 8 years now? I download or netflix whatever I find interesting, I just can't do "tv" anymore... internet is just so much better.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
te72;1810268 said:
...and people wonder why I haven't had tv hooked up in my room for... oh, I dunno, probably 8 years now? I download or netflix whatever I find interesting, I just can't do "tv" anymore... internet is just so much better.

Never had cable tv at home when I was growing up. Had cable tv for a total of 2 years in college...I'm 26...lol Always ran my own media servers, and watched what I wanted. I would say 75% of the stuff I have on my NAS that host my tv shows is science stuff (everything from how it's made and the Mythbusters to Carl Sagan and BBC shows) everything on tv these days is fucking boring tbh...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Guns don't malfunction... people who can't be bothered to operate them with respect might have a brain that occasionally malfunctions once in a while though.

That said, when I was young, I almost did put my eye out with a Red Rider, shot a tin can too close, ricochet caught me in the eyebrow... Least I learned my lesson easily.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
DreamerTheresa;1810509 said:
I haven't seen that episode.

He actually DID shoot his thumb off from what I've been told, and that he attempted to blame it on an ammo or gun "malfunction."

That's the first thing that popped into my mind when I was watching. I was all "LOL, my ass."

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
His son told him" don't put anything at the end of the barrel that your not willing to lose" which leads me to believe there was no malfunction.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
te72;1810570 said:
Guns [strike]don't[/strike] almost never malfunction... people who can't be bothered to operate them with respect might have a brain that occasionally malfunctions once in a while though.

FTFY.

But - I agree with your overall sentiment. A gun should never be aimed at something that you don't intend to shoot, so even IF it malfunctions, it shouldn't hit anything.

The shooter is an idiot.

However, it's worth noting that if you handle guns enough, eventually you are going to have an incident. If you were being safe, you likely just scared the shit out of yourself. If you weren't you probably hurt yourself, property, or someone else.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've been fairly lucky then I think Mike, dealt with a lot of guns and ammo over the years, incident free so far. What would cause a gun to malfunction? I for one, NEVER handle a loaded gun unless I intend to shoot something. I'll check them over, clean them, whatever, when they're confirmed empty. Kinda hard to shoot yourself or things around you if you don't have anything *to* shoot with, right? :)

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Big lols at the dude who tries to teach his kids self defense. Why the fuck is he wearing that weird ass shirt over his shirts? He's definitely over the top on the weird scale.