Dodge Omni GLH-Turbo

alexscof

May 29, 2009
Pullman, Washington (WSU)
I found a Dodge Omni GLH-Turbo for sale. It's got 90,000 original miles and the engine was rebuilt at 70k. Super straight body and the interior looked really good too. Wants $1500.

What do you guys think of these? I know there is talk of the GLHS (shelbys take on the GLH) doing 0-60 in 6 seconds and running 14s. But I can't find a whole lot of information and forums on these. Just one main page that everyone links to.

http://www.allpar.com/omni/GLHS.php

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
GLH aka Goes Like Hell are the cool ones.

The ultimate Dodge Omni was the Carroll Shelby-modified Omni GLH. 1984 was the first year of the GLH, which carried over most of the modifications that had been made the previous year to the Shelby Charger. 1985 was the debut of the real Goes Like Hell model with the turbocharged Turbo I engine option. The car carried over into 1986 unchanged and production was stopped. The final 500 GLH cars were sold to Shelby, who used them as the basis for the 1986 Shelby GLHS.

Duane

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
just could never get over the hole 4 door thing i hate for clown shoes ahahah

if that car was a 4door they would ahve sold lots

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
NashMan;1629315 said:
just could never get over the hole 4 door thing i hate for clown shoes ahahah

if that car was a 4door they would ahve sold lots

Although you probably meant the 2 door would have sold lots more, here is a pic of it. lol

Duane

shelby_omni.jpg

customer_don_omni.jpg

alexscof

May 29, 2009
Pullman, Washington (WSU)
Agreed, 2 door would have really helped.

omni1.jpg

omni2.jpg

I talked to the guy who owns it today. I couldn't tell because it was so dark last night but it is far from stock. Vague details: Has aftermarket tach, oil and boost guages as well as some sort of engine management system and an upgraded turbo. Hopefully test driving later today.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
upgradedsupra;1629334 said:
Although you probably meant the 2 door would have sold lots more, here is a pic of it. lol

Duane

shelby_omni.jpg

customer_don_omni.jpg

hhahaha oops

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

on a side note you can drop the 2.2 motor in a vw rabbit have not scene the swap much but yae can do it both cars are made int eh same factory

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
My aunt had a diesel Rabbit. Couldn't kill that damn thing. She had it for years, sold it, and has regretted that decision ever since.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
I use to have an 86 GLH-T, Hell of a fun car to drive. It had koni adjustable shocks all the way around and a 4 point cage. It was like a turbo gocart.

Sadly i never got to rebuild the motor and i ended up getting rid of it to fix the supra. But if you can id grab it, Thats a GLHS, They are more rare!