Do-Luck RXB knock offs

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
no one? Anyone have any other suggestions? I would like to hear about others personal experience with products, rather than guessing what will and wont work

ianstaley

Jul 21, 2011
Pontefract
I too have a targa or more aptley named "wobble top", seen these before but not sure that they will do the job. I have seen one that was real stiff but that one had like a ladder bar underneath too. So the DoLuc bar keeps the sides from flexing in an up/down direction. Combined with a front and back turret brace and the two bars that run the length front to back each side under the car would stiffen it a lot. But if someone had one and took off dimensions of the bar dia, length, threads, plates at the ends maybe a drawing full size of the mounting plates we could all make a copy..

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
I have no experience with the knock-off brace but I can say the Do-Luck brace helped the targa shake. It did not eliminate it but it did help. Replacing bushings will help as well, but I agree with 1988ma70supra %100 on the targa brace. With the targa brace installed there is no perceivable flex or wobble with the roof off.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Depending on the level of severity that you want to rid yourself of targa wobble, I'd say a full cage, poly bushings all around, and leave the roof in place.

This is one of two major reasons I bought a hardtop shell for the widebody...

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
thanks for the suggestions. I still have some chasis flex even with the top in. When im pulling into my driveway at an angle for instance. Was hoping something like this would help with that as well. Maybe I have other issues.