Disappointment at Sac Raceways! Pics included.

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
Finally took my car to the track this past weekend. My first run was a 14.2 @83 mph. (no traction 60ft 2.1). I finally got past the nerves and second run was 13.7 @ 99mph with a 1.7 60ft. My last and final run was was 13.8 @ 97 mph with a 1.8 60ft. This was all at 15 lbs of boost and tire pressure at 14 lbs. running Hoosier Quick time pros 26x9.5x15. My car had full interior, on 91 pump. Im having alot of issues staying in the groove, and slippin and sliding down the track (fighting the steering the whole time). Comparing my slips to other guys with CT upgrades, I feel like I spent so much money for no real gain, while other guys are hitting 12's with a stock CT, What's going on?

Attachments

• sacracewayssupra.jpg
    sacracewayssupra.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 62
  • supra sacraceways.jpg
    supra sacraceways.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 55

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Did you undo the front swaybar?

If you're slipping all the way down the track, maybe the rears need to be heated up even more so during the burnout.

Maybe look into adding something that will give you a 2-step.

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
GrimJack;1715528 said:
Are you still bogging off the line? Running street tires up front? 5 speed or auto?

Nope no bog off the line, although on my first run 2nd gear did kinda bog. All in all it comes out of the hole like a beast. Yeah, still running street tires in the front, which might be the cause of swerving so much. Its a 5 speed.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

WeDgE;1715534 said:
Did you undo the front swaybar?

If you're slipping all the way down the track, maybe the rears need to be heated up even more so during the burnout.

Maybe look into adding something that will give you a 2-step.

Fronst swaybars are still on, and I make sure I heat the rears up real good. It seems like my high end is not pulling as hard as it should be, maybe I should of removed the whole exhaust???

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
GrimJack;1715619 said:
What are you using from the turbo to the Tanabe?

The street tires up front are definitely going to make the driving interesting.

Its all 3' custom dp nice smooth bends all the way through to exhaust. Im really looking into getting some weld pro stars skinnies up front.

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

ask92;1716061 said:
Wow man, next time you go you should put a thread up! I woulda been there to support/vid haha.

Man you live in Rocklin, you shoulda came out. The only supras there was me and one other guy with a MKIV bone stock auto hitting 13.1's all day. Lol he said he was eating and drinking while punching the gas (bastard) lol. I won all my races until they set me up against a Lancer Evo which blew me away hitting a 10.2 dammmn.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Practice launch should be the only thing dont worry too much about the time, keep changing the RPM i n which you are launching til you find the "sweet" spot. Also, start with decent tire pressure and decrease in small amounts.

Start off with 25 PSI or 30 then do 2 runs the with different RPM launches (mine is about 4K/4500) Then if you run a good time, change the tire pressure repeat the same RPM see if you gain or lose ET.

All my runs with street tires were at 28 PSI 4k and 4500 launch and managed 12.8 with a misfire in the top end and no real tune

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
Yupe what devin said
Seems like your traps are low meaning horsepower is low
1.7 60' is decent its not the launch

Whats your timing at? AFR? What rpm you shift at? Boost leak?