Custom Painted Interior

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
I know this has been done very many times, but none of them are up to date and recent. I have found some info about which paint to use, but everyone has their preferences. I want to know how it has held up from when you started your project. I am sure many people want to see also. I have been thinking about changing my interior to black, painting everything except for carpet, boots and seats, and door panels. That I would get recovered. How did certain paints work for you? How did they last?

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Kyle87T said:
I know this has been done very many times, but none of them are up to date and recent. I have found some info about which paint to use, but everyone has their preferences. I want to know how it has held up from when you started your project. I am sure many people want to see also. I have been thinking about changing my interior to black, painting everything except for carpet, boots and seats, and door panels. That I would get recovered. How did certain paints work for you? How did they last?

I simply used a can of plastic paint from canadian tire. **Make sure you clean the surfaces well!!*** I can't stress that enough, If there is oil, or soap, or sweat, or anything the paint won't adhere properly and you'll have bubbling, then flaking. Trust me, I did it 3 times in a row and it still peeled. I finally just wrapped the piece in vinyl ahahaa.
good luck,
eric

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Some plastic window trim panels from the interior of my old 91 prelude. Same things apply tho. If you don't clean the dash or w/e parts well the paint won't have proper adhesion and it'l flake and look bad.
eric