Custom A-pillar speaker pods?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Anyone on here have some custom speaker enclosures built into your a-pillars?

I've been toying with the idea of throwing a 7" sub in the doors, and mounting a 4" midrange, and tweeter in the pillars, and wanted to see some pictures.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
annoyingrob said:
Anyone on here have some custom speaker enclosures built into your a-pillars?
Not yet, but I plan on mounting my tweeters in the base of the A pillar for my system rebuild this summer. This is somewhat complicated by the fact that I have a dual gauge pod in the left side A pillar, but I'll make it work, and make it look good, too.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I have tweeters from an 80's BMW right at the base of the a-pillars on my car. It really really helps raise the soundstage from being pointed at your knees, to where it should be...pointed at your head LOL.

Was really easy to do, just make sure you use the proper crossover/capacitor.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dan, your on SM?!

Get rid of the pillar pod, and to this: :)

Prosport%201.JPG

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
I made a test peice for the passenger side to mount them there (I too was going with a 3 way setup)..... I had them aimed properly, was about to start the fabrication of the doors and pillars... but I took it for a drive. My car was just too damn loud to notice the better soundstage. I figure I'll probably go for it again later on, but only after the car has been totally sound deadened.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Sure, I've been lurking here a while.

I decided that I didn't want to put gauges hanging from the dash there, I like the pillar pod better.

My current tweeter mounts are okay, but I wanted to change things up a bit, and the A pillars look ripe for a sweet install.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
johnathan1 said:
I have tweeters from an 80's BMW right at the base of the a-pillars on my car. It really really helps raise the soundstage from being pointed at your knees, to where it should be...pointed at your head LOL.

Was really easy to do, just make sure you use the proper crossover/capacitor.

Do you have pics of this we can see? Thanks.