CT26C - Tell me more?

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Hey guys

So thinking of buying a ct26c that apparently is larger (and rare) and can flow up to 20psi.

Where are these from? Can they really flow that much and are they rare? Guy is asking $500 for it , in used decent condition.

Are they ceramic or steel wheeled?

any info much appreciated

cheers

Last edited:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Do not buy rare parts. Buy something that will be reliable and easily serviced/replaced if it fails. Turbos are not rated as far as they "can flow up to 20psi" rather they are rated by total airflow produced. This is a guide to what the peak power output of the turbe could be, but only experience with many turbo setups can tell a person what the mannerisms of any goven turbo will be. Again, rare parts can be cool to look at, but they are usually more trouble than they're worth when comparing to modern production parts (speaking of turbos here).

You need to come up with, then state your goals for the car, as well as what you plan on doing with it(what kind of racing will you be doing). After that, people who have 'been there', and 'done that' may assist you in getting a plan in place so your goals are met or adjusted to meet your budget. LISTEN TO THEM! You seem to have very little direction for your car; which shows in the many, many threads you've made. Most of them are different ways of saying 'is this a good idea?' but none of them have continuity. It's what I did when I started my build and it has helped so much with maximizing my dollars spent on the car (or as much as possible).