CT12A with CT12B wheels?

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
Well I blew my twins today, not really blown but their eating oil. I got into searching and the process of thinking can USDM steel wheels be fitted to a CT12A? I looked up the specs their preety close in all sizing so why not builds a hybrid? anyways I was looking at upgrading and rebuilding them and send them out for balancing.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
mattsplat72;1593077 said:
^ not as different as you think

why do you say that, i havent seen many 2jz twins running on 1jzs

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

mattsplat72;1593077 said:
^ not as different as you think

why do you say that, i havent seen many 2jz twins running on 1jzs

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
I was doing research on the CT20 upgrade and it would probably be the same the way I drive. I would love to stay twin but what are the real power limits of the CT12A's? As I ran them last they made 14psi like it was nothing so what would they do at 20 or more psi? Either route I go it isn't cheap but what is on a supra : ). I am tempted in doing this if this rebuild comes with ball bearings can you say spool at Idle I just might with shipping like 800 bucks im guessing

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
The guy at Evergreen turbo will put in T-25 wheels in the stock CT12a which should let the CT12a's flow for about 350hp to 450hp possibly.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
NYsBlueMA;1593304 said:
I was doing research on the CT20 upgrade and it would probably be the same the way I drive. I would love to stay twin but what are the real power limits of the CT12A's? As I ran them last they made 14psi like it was nothing so what would they do at 20 or more psi? Either route I go it isn't cheap but what is on a supra : ). I am tempted in doing this if this rebuild comes with ball bearings can you say spool at Idle I just might with shipping like 800 bucks im guessing

Some guy on Supraforums did this for a very short time but blew his rear turbo. Looking at the description of his setup he was running the normal set of CT20s, but the rear did not have a wastegate so it had no form of boost control and blew the turbine apart. If you want to do this, you'd want to get 2 front CT20s from a JDM supra or aristo (NOT CT20As, those are different). It can be done, but it requires some modding to get it to fit. Here's the link to his CT20 setup

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489665&highlight=CT20

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
I was about to do the CT12a upgrade the guy at evergreen turbo sounded very unsure of himself so Im taking on the CT20 upgrade. I took the twins from 17psi which I ran for a year I hit 20psi they were done. I estimate that I made 370Hp and close to a low 12sec car since I came head to head with my friends 11.8 EVO. They held up real nice with the Y-pipe upgrade and 3in. back and thats all, if that doesn't work theres always twin TD06's.

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
I pulled my CT12's out after getting some time off from both jobs and I was looking at the back housings. It looks like the same waste gates are used I checked the specs but could I just have the back housings drilled out to accept a CT20 cartidge?

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
called turbo international to find me the ct12 turbine wheel

Also called my local guy at Turbos direct to find one

If I can get Ct12B or A replacement steel wheels, I can get them changed out easily