CT-26 60-1 Questions

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
I just received my rebuild ct-26 with the 60-1 upgrade. I noticed that there is a little shaft play when I checked the wheel. It's quite noticeable on the intake side and exhaust side. Should I be worried or is it normal to have a little shaft play?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
When my 57 Trim arrived there was no shaft play.

If I remember right, the TSRM states that a little in and out shaft play isn't a problem. Who did your upgrade?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
^ I have read about this, but isnt this dangerous? Initial startup you will see higher RPM's in the 2000 area, wont that cause the wheel to spin with a fair amount of force? Im new to turbos, so im probably wrong, but i would feel a little uncomfortable starting the motor up with my fingers holding the shaft.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i would just pull the efi fuse and crank the engine for a bit so its spinning about 300ish rpm, enough to get oil flowing but not spin the turbo

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
RockPaperSwoRD;1341250 said:
i would just pull the efi fuse and crank the engine for a bit so its spinning about 300ish rpm, enough to get oil flowing but not spin the turbo

Thats exactly what were doing. I need to properly lube the engine and the turbo since all the oil was drained and the head was resurfaced for a headgasket. I just got off the phone where i got my turbo and they told me that it's normal to have a bit of shaft play....

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yep. Pull the EFI fuse and crank the engine till you see oil pressure. Let your starter cool for a couple of minutes then do it again. After that, fire it up.

That's what I do anyway... :)

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
CajunKenny;1341695 said:
Yep. Pull the EFI fuse and crank the engine till you see oil pressure. Let your starter cool for a couple of minutes then do it again. After that, fire it up.

That's what I do anyway... :)

Thanks for all the info. I finally got the car on the road after replacing the headgasket. Turbo spools with no problems and the car sounds pissed when the turbo kicks in due to the open dump on the divorce DP. Car runs perfect... Thanks again.