Crutchfield says that this CD changer wont work in the supra with the stock head unit

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
Add MP3-playback to any FM car radio with Sony's CDX-565MXRF! This 10-disc add-on CD changer has MP3 decoding, so you can load a mix of regular CDs and MP3 discs for hours (even days!) of uninterrupted playback. The cool-looking wired control panel displays track/disc number, time, MP3 tags, and CD Text information.

Is your system sounding a little anemic? D-Bass bumps up the bass response in two levels so you can pinpoint the right amount of thump. 12-second Advanced Electronic Shock Protection makes skipping a thing of the past.

The FM modulator (that converts the CD audio into FM) is built into the chassis so there's one less thing to install. A wireless remote is included.

Antenna adapters might be required — if you haven't already done so, please enter your vehicle information (click on "What Fits My Car?" above) and we'll include them free with your order (if needed).
Details:

* 9 modulation frequencies
* built-in FM modulator simplifies installation
* slim line wired remote/display
* display features a jog/shuttle ring for ease of use and speedy MP3 file access
* plays MP3 files on CD-R or CD-RW, plus audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
* displays ID3 tag and CD Text information
* D-Bass
* 5 selectable output levels
* 12-second Advanced Electronic Shock Protection
* wireless remote
* dimensions:(changer) 10-3/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 7-9/16"D; (display) 5-1/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 13/16"D
* 1-year warranty

this is the description for the said product.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
It works. I have the same cd changer at our store. I have installed them in many cars! Not the greatest units in the world, but thats what you get with a universal cd changer.

It plays through the FM on your radio via fm modulator, You have to plug it into the antenna plug on the back of your factory radio. Our particular cahnger playes though 88.1FM. That one is programmable to 9 different frequencies of your choice, but works in the exact same way.

You can get it and it will work just fine. If it doesnt ill eat GrimJack's right shoe....

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i have something like that wired in my car

the rest of the unit is in the trunk of course, i don't have a picture of that but i can take one if you want

Attachments

• cd changer in supra.JPG
    cd changer in supra.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 28

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
hmm i didn't know they had these types of things (just never came to mind). i've got one for my mp3 player and it looks dumb and it wastes retarded AAA batteries, also a pain to turn on/off. i think i'm gonna look into hardwiring it to my car so that it's on when my cars on and it won't show and look dumb.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
not the first time i have found them to be wrong on something.

damn though...might have been funny to watch grim and pbasil1 eat grim's shoes. lol

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Crutchfield's "Works in my car" means that there's a factory provision in which the component can be mounted, or that the component was specifically build for use with that car.

Therefore the only think that "works with your car" are DIN and double DIN sized decks, and 4" speakers. (Their database does not list the 6.5" speakers for the '91 and '92 Supras, from what I've gathered.)