cressida owner

Sfrench

Aug 6, 2010
Kelowna, BC
Hi there, I own a cressida, so I'm just here for more of the technical articles.

Gonna be doing a 1j swap with a w58 and keeping that setup pretty much stock. Already have coilovers in it.

First question is, are the 7m and 2jz w58 input shafts the same and are they same type of clutch, or do I have to use a 7m clutch with a 1j flywheel?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Tech questions are for the tech area. This is where you introduce yourself... and post pics.

Sfrench

Aug 6, 2010
Kelowna, BC
yeah sorry just read the intro rules after

this is where i am so far

Bought this X8 in July, and i'm definitely going 1J. HG is already leaky so the 7M has gotta go.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ordered some BC racing S13 coils for it 2 weeks after i bought the car with 14K/10K spring rates. the shocks were re-valved for the tougher rates. wish this hadn't been before X8 coils were released by BC in late august though lol.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm finding the BC's great. ride quality is nice and smooth for daily driving right now, at pretty moderate shock settings. the shocks have lots of travel both front and rear, but especially in the front. the perch is only down 1 inch.

my co-worker had some random urethane lip hangin' around the shop so we mocked it up to the car and found it was close enough. looks haggard from the front, but it at least evens out the lines of the bumper vs. the sides of the car. i hate when the bumper comes up higher than the side of car, so i can live with the haggard lip for now.

just picked up a w58 last night as well.

this is it as it currently sits.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

last three photos were taken by Cole Chalmers (ie. seken-cole on here)

definitive plans for the winter:

S1 Grill
fully gutted
sparco sprint v's
Wheels (currently loking at some SSR Koenig Specials 17x8.5 +12)
1JZ
W58
S9 bodykit
Paint

should be picking up a winter beater very soon, so this will be up on jack stands going through the motions