Cost of a 1jz

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Just wondering how much you would charge just for a 1jz with motor and wiring harness bellhousing and tranny that was in a mk3 supra that was crashed?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
aznboik1mva;1524536 said:
Just wondering how much you would charge just for a 1jz with motor and wiring harness bellhousing and tranny that was in a mk3 supra that was crashed?

More than you can afford Pal..

seriously tho, its gonna depend on what all comes with it besides what youve listed, and condition of the motor, ie anything cracked from the wreck

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
When I was shopping around for a MKIII last year, and thinking I'd like to do a 1JZ swap, I did a LOT of Google searching, etc., and found that $1,500-3,000 is about the range for the full motor, harness, and bellhousing/tranny, depending on age, condition, etc.

There are a ton of associated parts that will be needed for a swap, so that still adds appreciable money to the equation. And if you're looking for a professional to do the swap for you, labor may cost more than parts.

I ended up finding a MKIII with the 1JZ already swapped in, and it really does feel like this is the engine that should've been in the car from the start. (I previously had a MKIII with the 7M-GTE- good engine when the head gasket is in tact, but I prefer the 1JZ)

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I found a great company. I paid $2300.00 shipped. 1jz-gte 2nd GEN, out of a jza70 Toyota Supra, came with r-154, Map sensor, ignitor, awesome fluid filled motor mounts, fuel lien uncut, harness perfect ECU no caps blown, even came with fuse box harness. :) I am doing this for a customer, but I was VERY impressed with the condition of this motor. The Company on Ebay has 100% feedback.

ruiner

Jul 9, 2008
Yaktown
92TealSupra;1526577 said:
I found a great company. I paid $2300.00 shipped. 1jz-gte 2nd GEN, out of a jza70 Toyota Supra, came with r-154, Map sensor, ignitor, awesome fluid filled motor mounts, fuel lien uncut, harness perfect ECU no caps blown, even came with fuse box harness. :) I am doing this for a customer, but I was VERY impressed with the condition of this motor. The Company on Ebay has 100% feedback.

What company is that? I'm looking for a good place for a 1j myself, do they sell front clips?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
dubsupra209;1526674 said:
why dont you just stay 7m.......?

Because 1JZ's are easier to work on in the engine bay duh? lol...

On more serious note. The advancement in technology is well worth the swap alone. They're not prone to head gasket failures, and they have a fantastic oiling system. I don't like the oil pump drive shaft much on the 7M. The 1jz is good a nice motor.

japanpowerinc is the Ebay user that I got my motor from. Great people, kept in contact me the entire time it took to get the motor. Motor arrived in 6 days I believe it was. Also the company they used to ship the motor kept me in the loop as well.

People say not to use Ebay sometimes, it is all about what you trust, and what you know.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
92TealSupra;1526679 said:
Because 1JZ's are easier to work on in the engine bay duh? lol...

On more serious note. The advancement in technology is well worth the swap alone. They're not prone to head gasket failures, and they have a fantastic oiling system. I don't like the oil pump drive shaft much on the 7M. The 1jz is good a nice motor.

japanpowerinc is the Ebay user that I got my motor from. Great people, kept in contact me the entire time it took to get the motor. Motor arrived in 6 days I believe it was. Also the company they used to ship the motor kept me in the loop as well.

People say not to use Ebay sometimes, it is all about what you trust, and what you know.

i know what you mean cause i was going to go that route also..but due to smog laws in like 4k for the swap i decided build my 7m up and suspension ect.....