Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Did this about a year back.

A full rehaul of my cooling system:
PWR Radiator
B&M motor oil and transmission cooler
Dual electric fans on a temp switch
Mocal oil thermostat
Filter relocation with a dual mount for motor oil and single mount for transmission
Trasko micro filter

Total cost was 2000 range, did have some extra AN fittings I got a refund for. None of this is cheap but really wanted to make sure cooling would not be an issue for my car.

Block Modifications:
New oil squiters
New oil pump with Arizona performance oil line replacement and shimmed
272 BC Cams
ARP Hardware throughout
Metal Headgasket

Did have a question on what oil to use with this system. The plan is to go back to redline 5w30 but would like some input on this.

Most of the parts
p1705582_1.jpg

Lines from transmission
p1705582_2.jpg

Bit worried about this ones proximity to the down pipe. Did have down pipe ceramic coated any ideas if heat will cuase an issue on the line?
p1705582_3.jpg

B&M Coolers
p1705582_4.jpg

Block adapter
p1705582_5.jpg

Dual fans
p1705582_6.jpg

Mocal Thermostat
p1705582_7.jpg

Some pics of the routing, ill try to get some more
p1705582_8.jpg

p1705582_9.jpg

p1705582_10.jpg

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Did you switch to the Canton piece yet for the block adapter? It goes down and is higher quality, much like the rest of your set up.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Higher quality, How so?

I have had no issues with the perma-cool adapter, did have to use two 90 degree bends though.

The funcitonality of the canton is definantly worth a second look but unless it flows better I do not see a point in the change over.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Flow isn't the issue. The permacool can break, but that doesn't mean it will. And the intercooler hose runs in the same spot. If you are factory original hoses, you can just push them to the side. But that isn't optimal.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
I have aftermarket ceramic coated hard pipes and did not have a clearance issue with the perma cool. Went ahead and ordered the other because it does look better built and have a bit more clearance there wont hurt anything.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
It might be wise to add a heat-shielding sleeve to the transmission lines running by the downpipe. The DP tends to get pretty damn hot. At the least, it will add unnecessary heat to the transmission fluid. At the worst, it will melt the polymer in the braided lines.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya i would make some sort of heat shield for the trans lines.

I second on the canton pieces. I was going to use a permacool filter adapters but decieded to just pony up and get the nice billet pieces. Those for sure wont break and the filter adapter for the block is nice cause you can turn it any way you want.

That stuff adds up quick but its nice once you got it,

Do you have pics of how you mounted your coolers?

And did you delete ac?