Clutch slip please help :(

surffer227

Jul 28, 2014
I have a 1jz with an all motor supra flywheel and exedy stock spec clutch and PP. It's mated to a w58, but I am running a 7m clutch fork extended to reach an is300 slave cylinder. With the rod out of the slave there is plenty of play on the fork before it hits the PP so I'm pretty sure that's not dragging. It was slipping really bad so I pulled everything out, resurfaced the flywheel and PP and put it back together. It was good for a week or two, but now I'm having a slipping issue again, sometimes it will catch for a few pulls, then next time I get in it's slipping again.
Someone please help, should this setup be working? Could this just be an adjustment somewhere? Mabey I need to lengthen or shorten the pushrod on the slave?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Could be the cheap clutch or a weak pressure plate. I know exedy are pretty cheap on eBay.

Stock pressure plates new from Toyota are pretty cheap. Whole clutch kit is like 200 from Toyota.

Generally you never want to machine a pressure plate.

Also why not just use a mk4 na, is300, or sc300 clutch fork?

surffer227

Jul 28, 2014
I didn't have the fork at the time n couldn't find one, but I just used a wire wheel and scuffed it. So you think it's a defective PP?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Could be. Or the disc/pp both cant hold the power. N/a have far less torque and power. Clutch prolly not rated for what your putting down.

surffer227

Jul 28, 2014
I'm pretty much stock, except for front mount and 3inch exhaust, about how much should that setup hold?