Cleaning Tail Light Housing

MKIIITrbo89

Mar 31, 2005
West Chester PA
Just finished taking my drivers side tail light out and am going to put a new gasket in. Wanted to know if anyone had any recomendations or preferencdes on sealer.

Also I had some dirt in my tail light since it was leaking. I was able to wipe out a portion of it with a wet rag. However, there seems to be a plastic divider in the light so I am unable to get the dirt on the other side of it. Was thinking about soaking it in water but did not think that would do much good.

Any ideas?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supposedly, regular old household mildew spray works very well. give that a try.

-shaeff

turbo

Mr. Clean
Apr 27, 2005
Calgary
You wont believe this but Q-Tips work the best because I just got some JDM tails and they had Japanese Garbage in the crevices and I cleaned them beautifully.

Geoff

MKIIITrbo89

Mar 31, 2005
West Chester PA
I'll give that a try as well. I think I have it as clean as I can get it, just can't get the dirt left over on the other side of the divider. The tail light will still look much better than before.

Is it recommended to put sealer around the whole tail light gasket, or should I just put a bead across the top.