Clean install kit/faceplate thinger

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
Hey guys. I am looking for a clean looking pocket or plastic piece to install under my after market deck. I am sorry I forget the proper name. Just wondering what you guys have been using lately. Pics would be great if possible. Thanks again.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Most car audio and general electronics shops carry single din block off plates or better yet storage bins which fit in the remaining single din opening. Toyota has one which has a door on it, I don't know the part number off hand, but I've seen tons of them in junk yards and they're still available from the dealership for a fair price.

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
Ok thanks. Around where I live there is not any audio shops that carry this stuff. We have a Walmart 70km's away but their audio selection is very scarce.

There is a Sight and Sound Audiotronic (Alpine dealer) the same 70km away, im going to check them out again tomorrow or the day after. I asked last week and talked to someone who said they didnt have any Toyota kits to his knowledge so I should go back and talk to the installer. That is my plan.

Thanks again .

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
If the deck's already installed, you've probably got all the brackets you need. Kits usually come with brackets, wiring harness and the pocket or blockoff.

Our decks are a standard size, they're double din. If you put in a single din headunit, you just need a single din blockoff or pocket to fill the hole. Walmart should actually have that, but if not the audio shop should... they're pathetic if they don't.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
55521-89104 is the part# for a blank single DIN panel. It was used in mid 90's trucks that came w/ no audio, AND 55521-04010 is the single DIN pocket, no door. The ones w/ the door won't clear our trim panel.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
bryanintexas said:
The ones w/ the door won't clear our trim panel.

I didn't know that. Were there different designs? A few members are using them, I think Jeff is.

Well, in that case I had one in my MR2 that was from a ford (I think), which opened upward and the door slid back out of the way. The only bummer was that the pocket was smaller than it could have been.