Citation

S

suprapower

Hi guys,

Here is my story.

My supra's registration expired and a friend had given me a 2005 tag to put on the car. I was sitting in the car parked in a car park talking with a friend.

A cop was drivin around and obviously was curious and came over.Thats when he checked and gave me a citation sayin to appear in court. He asked about my tag and how i got it and i said a friend gave it to me. On the citation it read "False registration with knowledge" My car was impounded which I got back within the hour by paying all the overdue fees to DMV, $150 to the cops and the $130 to the towing company.

Now I have to appear in court. I do not know what to expect and am abit worried...
I know of a story of a guy from a friend who just got out of jail last week for "hit N run" and he said when he went to jail for he was told to strip and bend over so the cops could probe his ass and insert a mini telescopic camera to check for drugs.He was in for 4 days before he got bailed out...
I know "hit N run" is a big crime and mine is small but I am still abit worried..

Have any of you guys been to traffic court and know what happens in there?
Do you have to pay the fine then and there at court?

:icon_ques
Thanks

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
You have a mistermeaner, so don't sweat it. Here is what will happen... you'll go to court and sit for a long ass time until a court room DA calls you up. They will tell you what they are offering and you can accept or try to negotiate the fine, points, etc. Often times you can negoiate points or classification of crime for a slightly higher fine. So basically you can accept what they offer you that day and plead guilty or you can plead innocent (don't recommend that) . You'll pay a fine, this will go on a temp record and they will tell you don't do that again and that's about it.

Here are some court room tips:
- Dress like you are going to an important business meeting
- Speak nicely
- Listen... make sure that whomever is talking to you is finished before you start to talk. This can be difficult at times when you want to say something halfway through what ever they are saying. If you need to break in, say "excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt..."
- Look whom you are speaking to in the eye and stand tall.

Again, don't worry about it and good luck.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
if its misdeminor dont sweat it to much but dont expect to get off scott free. its gonna be some good 3 year run w/ that on your record. at most they will give you a big fine.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Johnymkiii: sounds like you been to court alot. lol.

I'm going through some case right now for something stupid( not traffic related, I wish it was) Its always good to dress properly so the judge doesn't look at you like a scum bag and just have respect. All they would probaly do is give you a fine. hopefully.

goodluck and court sucks

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Yonkers - lol. Yeah, in my youth I had a fair amount of experience in the court room.

Honestly, part of me liked going to court because I really enjoyed presenting a case and winning. At one time I wanted to be a lawyer, but I think I got turned off on the idea when I realized how easy it was to beat a case when I knew I was guilty.

Luckily I haven't gotten a driving related ticket in over 6 years :evil3:

chedderknight

PiYauD-BaKa
Apr 4, 2005
Glendale, CA
www.myspace.com
man that sucks ass, just at the wrong place and the wrong time, anyway just like everyone said:

1. dress professional (AKA presentable)
2. Speak clear and certain
3. Dont act like you know everything

should turn out alright, probbaly just a big cut in your wallet, bring check or credit

B

Boostaddctn

WTF? why did you put someone elses sticker on your car? My stickers still say 2004 and I still drive around with em, when they pull the records up it will say I paid for everything ... aight peace

btw- you got punk'd

also, check this:
24.jpg

A fellow BAS members ticket:
NO INSURANCE, and FALSE REGISTRATION INFORMATION aka the plates did not match the VINS and the police officer didn't even impound the car, just took the plates away... straight punk'd him

Last edited by a moderator:

ridah

Thats rice
Apr 4, 2005
Beverly Hills
That ticket shown above was mine. As for court I don't know what state you’re in but where I'm located that is just a traffic court appearance. You don't have to dress up for traffic court. I usually go in my daily fitz, bum attire. In that particular instance all I had to do was show judge that the vehicle was properly registered, which it wasn't so I paid a $30 fine on top of all the other crap on that ticket.

Notice the address at the bottom... RICHMOND HOLLAAAAA!!

L

lanky189

CtSupra said:
"misdemeanor" ;)

If it's your first traffic offense, don't worry about it. Dress nicely, speak in a proper way and use common sense. You'll be fine.

Thank you for finally getting it spelled right..

also.. what is so hard abuot keeping your car registered insured legal etc..?
Thats the easy stuff...its keeping your car out of the radar traps and laser gun sights thats hard....