Check Out The Orion Audio Group Buy

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
If your in the market for high quality aduio gear for a great deal, right now is the time to buy. Check out the GB for Orion car audio products at or below dealer cost.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Orion hasn't been high-end since back in the day when it was owned by A/D/S. When they went bankrupt in the 90's, A/D/S dissappeared and they sold off the names of Orion and Precision Power. As far as I know, they're just China junk now. If you want Orion gear, source the originals off of ebay.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
lol, or from me, have a couple of hcca's and sx's im thinking about selling! lol

although, the newest versions seem to have gotten some decent reviews, and they seem to be back to under-rating things. iirc, the new 1500watt monoblock was recently tested to be putting up more like 1900w.

btw, where is this gb?

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
DEI still owns Orion, They actually still own Polk as well just under the DEI holdings banner. Orion HCCA and XTR amps are made in Korea and are of very high quality. I would say better that most of the big brands like Kicker,RF, and JL. Not as high end as Audison or McIntosh. The Cobalt line is made in China and is their value line. Not bad quality but def not high end. DEI sold the PPI brand and that is now owned by Power Acoustic.
Personally, I have been in this business for 20 years and grew up with the originals of all these brands. I have warm and fuzzy feelings about lots of products that were around back then. But the truth is 15-20 year old equipment is not the way to go. Mid level electronics will out perform the high end stuff of 15 years ago in most cases and at half the price. Tech has advanced, economies and competition has driven prices down. Not to mention that electronics do have a shelf life. (leaky caps ring a bell?) And that vintage amp? does it come with a vintage warranty?
Don't get me wrong I would love to get my hands on a Phoenix gold Frank'Ampenstien, but I'd probably display it in a glass case in my store rather than install it where it would get out performed by a class d amp a quarter of the price.