Cheapest Supra Coilover

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Well I am planning on getting my supra running, and I will be buying coilovers to slam the car.

Question is what is the cheapest coilover?

I know raceland has cheap ones for miatas and jettas, but what brand makes cheap ones for supras.

Also, what is the lowest of the low. I want exhaust/lip scrapping low.

Thanks

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Bought my car with Megan Racing Track coilovers, can adjust from full on 4x4 rally car height to low enough that I was tucking 275's in the front by about 1". Nose at that height was about 3.5" from the ground, with the stock lip. I don't recommend driving with it like that though...

That said, they can be had for about $900-1000. Can't say I have any complaints with them, but I don't have any frame of reference either.

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Im not looking for the best. Its for an NA car, and Im looking for the lowest look, for the cheapest price. Supras dont handle good enough for me to put a bunch of money into.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Lienhop Photo;1584778 said:
Im not looking for the best. Its for an NA car, and Im looking for the lowest look, for the cheapest price. Supras dont handle good enough for me to put a bunch of money into.
Ok I'm confused..... why was your original thread title Best Supra Coilover before I edited it?

Why bother with Coilovers at all if you're not interested in the car handling well?

Why not just get some low springs and call it a day?

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
I forgot what the title was lol.

Im not looking for performance because im not building a race car. Im getting coiolvers because springs dont go low enough. Im getting coiolvers, and lowersprings to slam the car as low as I can get it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Lienhop Photo;1584778 said:

boy are you wrong....

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Poodles;1584806 said:
boy are you wrong....

What im saying is that for 5k, I can build a much better car to go beat the piss out of. Im sure you can not build a "good" track car, i.e. susp work, performance mods, and safety. Im not saying they are a waste, but im not going to a good track performance car, just something that looks good. I personally will not spend 10k on a car im gona have to work on, just to go 10's or run 1:25 at VIR.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

ms07s;1584800 said:
I'm sure someone has cloned something for the 600 range by now....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODS...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

No clue if they are any good, but they should achive your goal of low.

Sweet didnt see those. I will check them out.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sorry man, no pics of it that low, I actually did that by accident. This led me to writing up a 'how to adjust your coilovers the correct way' tech tip for AZSC. If you're looking for low and cheap, why not just cut and weld a set of stock springs? Makes baby Jesús cry whenever someone cuts perfectly good springs, but if that's what you're after...

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
I dont want to do that. If I did take it to the mountains, I would like to have some ajustability. I think a set of 600 dollar coiolvers would be awesome, unless I found out a cheaper way to get some teins or something

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well, if you're after a good all around coilover, I'd suggest the Megans. I don't have any experience with anything more expensive, and they do well enough for my occasional slinging of my piggy-car through the mountains around here. They're reasonably priced (is $300 more for a more or less established brand REALLY all that much to ask?), and can get you as low as you like. They can get your car to the point that if you don't suck your tires in with a high offset and skinny tire, you're gonna end up scraping them on turns...