Changing closed to open loop point?(MAFTPRO)

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Is there any way to change the point where the car changes from closed loop to open loop? Im having a problem with tuning a smooth and linear drop of AFR while increasing boost. Whenever i try to lean the car out to achieve this smooth drop of AFR I get a bad lean condition under normal driving. But when im just cruising and trying to build boost(67dbb=lag) and I give it a good amount of throttle the AFRs just drop to ~10AFR which increases spool time by overfueling the car and little timing. When i punch it from like 3K per-say I want the AFRs at 14.7 and slowing taper down to 11.5 as I reach full boost.

Im of course using ALDL tracing and when i punch it from like 3K I see the boxes its using but its also using the same boxes for cruising because of the KPA value.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
you can over power the VF or control of the ecu in this range to force it rich or lean (running into the same issues as you though!) there is enhanced tps that can feed the ecu a chosen tps signal at a given kpa or rpm. basically you can send the wot tps signal to the ecu at your choosing. I have yet to try this out though and im leaning more towards forcing open loop 24/7. other wise that area is just difficult to tune 100% for all conditions.

I can tune it so i have a nice 13 trickling to 11.5 but get the same pegged rich condition when holding at a steady state...

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
tekdeus;1394993 said:
I never realized this until now, but I get the same thing as well. So my spool time could probably be greatly improved with a standalone and custom tuning

Yes without a doubt. Timing=power.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Enhanced TPS was specifically put in to address this problem. Have a look on the fullthrottletech site, I'm pretty sure there's info there.

The two variables to adjust are 'Enhanced TPS RPM threshold' and 'Enhanced TPS Load threshold'. I would offer suggested values, but I've been running permanent open loop for a while.