Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
JCFsupraman;1383349 said:
Jeff did you mean Canada as in Calgary or the USA. I woundn't mind picking up a couple. I have HKS in mine now would the Denso Japan be a step up, step down or step sideways ... oh wise one.

I don't have any in stock at the moment.

Who makes the HKS ones?

Jeff

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Oh my bad. K&N not HKS. These damn initials and acronyms are getting to me. But I pick em up at Parts Source for like $15 Canuck or $13.5 yankee dolla.
So K&N versus Denso would be same, worse, better iyo.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
K&N is a Champion Labs filter...they also make Mobil 1 and WalMart SuperTech.

The Denso Japan filters are well constructed with a resin media...better than a K&N IMO.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
so would the Denso Japan be as good at blocking anything and everything like the Royal Purple in the way that that is constructed. I asked both my mechanics and they said to not use the RP for that reason that it might get blocked or plugged easily and restrict oil flow and end up damaging the engine. So is the Denso good yet not that good? I figure my oil is usually pretty clean and the chances of getting anything in it is slim and I would prefer to have good flow. Thanks.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
JCFsupraman;1384442 said:
so would the Denso Japan be as good at blocking anything and everything like the Royal Purple in the way that that is constructed. I asked both my mechanics and they said to not use the RP for that reason that it might get blocked or plugged easily and restrict oil flow and end up damaging the engine. So is the Denso good yet not that good? I figure my oil is usually pretty clean and the chances of getting anything in it is slim and I would prefer to have good flow. Thanks.

What?!?! You mechanics said not to use RP oil because it might block the filter? That doesn't make sense.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
No jdub, he's asking about filters. If the denso one is less restrictive than an RP one, because someone said the RP one would get clogged.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That's why there is a bypass valve...

Also, if there is that much shit in your engine that it clogs the filter that fast...

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
no its the RP filter i was concerned with. I watched the video on their website about how much better their filter is at filter the oil but then my mechanics said that the better the filter filters even the minutest particles then there is a much greater chance that it will get plugged up and the oil won't flow through it properly.

RP oil is fine. I have it in both my FX35 and am putting it in the supra too

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
rayall01;1384643 said:
No jdub, he's asking about filters. If the denso one is less restrictive than an RP one, because someone said the RP one would get clogged.

Try reading what the guy said...That made sense to you? First he's using an HKS filter, then it's a K&N filter, now we're asking about Royal Purple filters in the context of Japanese Denso filters?

Like I said, it doesn't make sense...I don't "guess" like a lot of people around here. I go by what they actually say. If they continue to post things that don't add up, they get dropped like a hot rock...complete waste of my time and the time of those that read it.

JCFsupraman;1384660 said:
no its the RP filter i was concerned with. I watched the video on their website about how much better their filter is at filter the oil but then my mechanics said that the better the filter filters even the minutest particles then there is a much greater chance that it will get plugged up and the oil won't flow through it properly.

RP oil is fine. I have it in both my FX35 and am putting it in the supra too

Care to provide a link to this "RP filter"?

If he said that, your mechanic doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground concerning oil and/or filters.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
jdub;1384675 said:
Try reading what the guy said...That made sense to you? First he's using an HKS filter, then it's a K&N filter, now we're asking about Royal Purple filters in the context of Japanese Denso filters?

Like I said, it doesn't make sense...I don't "guess" like a lot of people around here. I go by what they actually say. If they continue to post things that don't add up, they get dropped like a hot rock...complete waste of my time and the time of those that read it.

If he said that, your mechanic doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground concerning oil and/or filters.

Well I seem to have only stumped you with the question as both the other guys answered it. But no worries it makes complete sense to me that since the majority of filters use conventional cellulose filtration fibers where the spaces allow larger particles to pass through to the engine while the RP one uses the latest technology filtration system which filters out particles as small as 25mc...

As wonderful as that may sound it just means that it could slow down the flow of the oil but like Poodles pointed out the bypass valve and their filter element is intended to keep flow going.

And it was Kracin and you that had started talking about filters. You claimed that the Denso's were hard to come by so Jeff Lange was nice enough to point out that the JDM Denso's are all he uses in his Supra and that there are thousands available in the US.

Oh and I did reread my post about the RP filter and the Denso and it made complete sense to me as it obviously did to Poodles and Rayall but I guess it's easier to point the finger of blame than to just admit one may have been wrong in their interpretation. I guess the martial arts taught me that. And I did apologize to Jeff for misstating my filter brand as HKS when it was K&N... had you read that post you would have seen it. I didn't bother to answer post#25 since you obviously went in the wrong direction there and needed to reread before answering so I didn't bother replying to it since my time is valuable too and like you I drop em like hot potatoes if they show lack of intellect. Hey I think I understand what Supracentral meant in your sig about the Supra owner being the weaklink.

Maybe my mechanic doesn't know as much as some self proclaimed experts on here do about oil and filters but he sure knows how to turn an NA into a NAT that runs the 1/4 mile in well under 12 and dynos at well over 400 which was his first Supra project until he sold it and has moved on to his 2nd which is another MK3 that he is planning on taking up to 900 hp and around 10 seconds. As for the chemical techie stuff we can always turn to the lab rats and nerds who eat, breath, and sleep that scientific mumbo jumbo...and thank you for your kind words.
http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-oil-filter.html

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
jdub;1384675 said:

I was only trying to translate!:rant2:

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Yeah I know but I guess I must have been guessing at that.

Maybe he's shooting for a free RP oil filter and case of oil like he got the free Shaftmasters driveshaft for being the loudest opposition. The squeekiest wheel gets the grease eh. Sorry ...No Free stuff for you.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
JCFsupraman;1384783 said:
Well I seem to have only stumped you with the question as both the other guys answered it. But no worries it makes complete sense to me that since the majority of filters use conventional cellulose filtration fibers where the spaces allow larger particles to pass through to the engine while the RP one uses the latest technology filtration system which filters out particles as small as 25mc...

As wonderful as that may sound it just means that it could slow down the flow of the oil but like Poodles pointed out the bypass valve and their filter element is intended to keep flow going.

And it was Kracin and you that had started talking about filters. You claimed that the Denso's were hard to come by so Jeff Lange was nice enough to point out that the JDM Denso's are all he uses in his Supra and that there are thousands available in the US.

Oh and I did reread my post about the RP filter and the Denso and it made complete sense to me as it obviously did to Poodles and Rayall but I guess it's easier to point the finger of blame than to just admit one may have been wrong in their interpretation. I guess the martial arts taught me that. And I did apologize to Jeff for misstating my filter brand as HKS when it was K&N... had you read that post you would have seen it. I didn't bother to answer post#25 since you obviously went in the wrong direction there and needed to reread before answering so I didn't bother replying to it since my time is valuable too and like you I drop em like hot potatoes if they show lack of intellect. Hey I think I understand what Supracentral meant in your sig about the Supra owner being the weaklink.

Maybe my mechanic doesn't know as much as some self proclaimed experts on here do about oil and filters but he sure knows how to turn an NA into a NAT that runs the 1/4 mile in well under 12 and dynos at well over 400 which was his first Supra project until he sold it and has moved on to his 2nd which is another MK3 that he is planning on taking up to 900 hp and around 10 seconds. As for the chemical techie stuff we can always turn to the lab rats and nerds who eat, breath, and sleep that scientific mumbo jumbo...and thank you for your kind words.
http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-oil-filter.html

Suddenly you gain the ability to compose a complete thought...who wrote this for you? Your mother? Based on your demonstrated ability and intelligence, you couldn't possibility be capable of processing information more difficult than that presented to a sea urchin. I may be a tech orientated guy, but I'm not the village idiot...a status you seem to be proud of.

"Self proclaimed expert"...you think I got my SME title because I asked for it? You think I enjoy regurgitating info to idiots like you? Wrong answer Einstein...welcome to my ignore list. You can rely on some of the "SM resident geniuses" and your highly knowledgeable mechanic for your information. Do not bother to post in this section again...you are no longer welcome here. I'm not kidding.

rayall01;1384795 said:
I was only trying to translate!:rant2:

You don't help...time for you to stop guessing.

JCFsupraman;1384811 said:
Yeah I know but I guess I must have been guessing at that.

Maybe he's shooting for a free RP oil filter and case of oil like he got the free Shaftmasters driveshaft for being the loudest opposition. The squeekiest wheel gets the grease eh. Sorry ...No Free stuff for you.

You are about as clueless as they come...your previous posts illustrate that and now you are using innuendo to insult me. I would not use a RP filter even if they were free by the case load. The only thing it would be good for is to shove it up a place that might get your attention (though I doubt that would work either).

Don't mess with me boy...you will lose.

This thread is done..the OP's question was answered long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.