car runs badly after putting in different gas.

pipelinewill

Nov 17, 2011
vancouver island
I run my car on 94 octane in canada, but I couldn't find any here in eastern washington so I put in $15 of 92. i figured it would be fine as long as i didn't boost, but it just backfired and went really slow, stumbled, bogged, and my wideband read like 10 and under if i tried to accelerate atall. I figured it was old gas that I got, so I drove to the next town (couldn't go 60 it was so bad) and put chevron 92 in it and some octane booster (I learned later that octane booster doesn't increase octane by more than a couple points like .3) it runs a lot better now but it still runs rich and backfires. I am scared it's pinging and don't want to drive it. do I just drain it cross the border and run 94, or do I chalk it up to bad gas, drain it and try 92 again? oh i have lex MAF 550ccs and an safc.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
bad gas, water in fuel, saw on the news recently that some of the gas stations gas tanks were being filled with diesel due to the re-filling guy not reading which tank is which. maybe you got a gas/diesel mix?