car not goin fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
ok when i boost it in 1st and 2nd it doesnt pull right..in 3rd it feels fast then it pulls realy good but i should be getting this way earlier and i dont get it at all in 1st and 2nd .i think the timing isnt advanceing enough...ive set my timing at 15 what could cause this...is it my ecu? i cant figure it out and it sucks because i get beat by slow ass cars

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
I had a similar problem.... turned out my TPS was bad and i needed to rewire my knock sensors

Both of which throw codes, so if u havnt checked those yet....

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
no codes just 34 abnormal turbo pressure cause hks pos keeps fukin up but thats besides the point i reset it the bov stayed on and no code and it still did it...timings at 10 and i took a friend for a ride and a opinion on it and he said my plugs arent good enough or not hot enough i should say. im runnin autolite coppers i think im gonna go buy some autolite platinums tomorow and see if that helps

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Problems with this thread:
- Bad title
- Bad grammar
- Lack of ability to use the SHIFT key
- No listed reasoning (or logic) behind actions taken
- Original poster is racing "slow assed cars". Where is he racing them, and why, exactly, when he knows there is something wrong with his car?
- No list of installed modifications to help diagnostics
- Original poster shows no ability or inclination to research
- Descriptive ability - "Slow as shit" isn't very quantifiable. "hks pos keeps fukin up" - do you have ANY idea how many parts HKS has made for this car? Last time I checked, *none* of them are called a "pos". "autolite coppers" - that narrows the field! There's only about 3000 varieties of autolite copper plugs to pick from.
- Condradictions - "no codes just 34"

shaeff is 110% correct.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
ginglesturbo;931784 said:
no codes just 34 abnormal turbo pressure cause hks pos keeps fukin up but thats besides the point i reset it the bov stayed on and no code and it still did it...timings at 10 and i took a friend for a ride and a opinion on it and he said my plugs arent good enough or not hot enough i should say. im runnin autolite coppers i think im gonna go buy some autolite platinums tomorow and see if that helps

Please sell your car, or take it to someone who knows what they're doing. Typing a grammatically correct sentence wouldn't hurt, either. Autolite 3923 coppers are just fine. Numerous people, including myself run them with zero issues.

Edit: Damn, Grim beat me to it!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack in the Moderator Forum said:
LOL - it just occurred to me that anyone who can get me, SC, JJ, & IJ all to post in his thread in a couple hours is either doing extremely badly, or possibly very well. But I don't think I can recall an instance of 'well'. :D

Guys, three words for this thread:

Wall Of Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.