Can't Get Headunit Out - Help!

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Model - Kenwood KDC-MP232

All the trim is removed, etc. I have the manual and the removal keys but they just won't go in there. Is there something special we need to do on the Supra's to get it out? I didn't install it so I don't know what all is in there holding it in thats not covered by the manual. If anyone has some insight they could help with that'd be great! I really need it quickly if possible.
TIA

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If the previous owner was smart, he would have not used the sliding shell that comes with the head unit, and bolted the unit right to the mounting brackets.

Take a look around the opening, and you will see 4 black bolts with a 10mm hex head, and phillips screw head. Take the bolts out, and the radio and mounts will all come out.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
LOL yeah that was kinda dumb, I ended up having to take out the whole stupid assembly, because Best Buy screwed the damn thing in....

Of course, they also over tightened two of the screws (not bolts), and the screws were so soft I went through a box of Screw-Outs trying to get them out before I had to drill them out....ugh...