Cant get Fuel!

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Ok so I have no fuel pressure in my rail, and I can't get (my recently replaced) Walbro pump, to turn on. So I checked all the fuses, ign. egn. Both in the kick panel and the engine bay. I didnt check the two fusiable links that are shown in the TSRM because I could find one, but didnt know if they would be bad? So is there any relays I am missing (already checked the fuel pump relay/resistor)? I am so stuck!! Please help! My car cranks, but no fuel reaches the fuel rail (already checked the filter too!!)
Please HELP!!
Thanks
teedoff00

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
Jump fp to the b+ terminal in the DLC terminal and see if the pump turns on

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I thought you were supposed to remove the fuel pump resistor when you switched to a Walbro pump, as it needs constant 12v, and will burn up with the 9v the resistor supplies under certain conditions?

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Well I have tried hooking up the Fp up to the B+ and the Fp straight to the battery. Neither worked... I just replaced the Walbro I had with a new one and I am experiencing the same symtoms as before, no fuel at the rail. I was going to do the 12v mod that Shaeff suggested, but I wanted to track down my problem before I changed any configurations. Thanks for your help guys, I am really stuck!!:1zhelp:

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
I read the article, but I am pretty sure it is the real deal. I dont think the problem is the pump since it worked fine, then car died and wouldnt start up again. So I bought another Walbro and installed it correctly (pretty sure the wiring is good) and tried to start car and same problem presisted, no pressure to the rail. The pump doesnt even seem to turn on. There has to be some electrical problem, be it relay, or something I dont know about, I just dont know which ones to check other than obvious ones.
Any help is greatly appriciated as well as any ideas or suggestions...
Thanks

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Take the inspection plate in the hatch off. Grab the gray connector that goes into the fuel pump hanger. Should have a white and blue wire. IIRC the blue wire is power to the pump. Check for voltage here when you jump B+ and FP in the diag. box.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Ok I will give that a shot this weekend and let you guys know. I figure it got to be something electrical but I just dont know what?! Does anyone know which relay could go bad other than fuel pump rely and resistor? Where are the fusible links (I located the one in the Engine bay Fuse box), will they actually melt/blow (they look like wire to me)?? Thanks again for all the help.

sctwinturbo

May 14, 2007
new jersey
teedoff00;921025 said:
Ok I will give that a shot this weekend and let you guys know. I figure it got to be something electrical but I just dont know what?! Does anyone know which relay could go bad other than fuel pump rely and resistor? Where are the fusible links (I located the one in the Engine bay Fuse box), will they actually melt/blow (they look like wire to me)?? Thanks again for all the help.

under the hood it's the efi fuse that blows with the fuel pump
run the direct line of power to the pump if nothing then bad ground or bad pump
if it works do the 12v mod with new relay