Can I use a serial Y splittler cable or serial selector box with AEM v1?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I just installed the AEM serial gauge and realized that I cannot have both the gauge and a laptop connected at the same time. I don't care if the gauge stops working when I connect a laptop, I just don't want to have to pull my glovebox out ever time I connect a laptop. Will a serial Y splittler cable or serial selector box work, so I can just run a serial cable out from the dash and plug the laptop in when needed?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I'm not looking to have both the serial gauge and Aem Pro active at the same time. The EMS won't output to the gauge when AEM Pro is active. I just want to run a serial cable out from the dash to plug a laptop into so I don't have to dig out the ems every time I run AEM Pro.

mk3ukr

Apr 12, 2005
Odessa, Ukraine
mk3ukr-supra.net
MarkIII4Me;1864397 said:
I'm not looking to have both the serial gauge and Aem Pro active at the same time. The EMS won't output to the gauge when AEM Pro is active. I just want to run a serial cable out from the dash to plug a laptop into so I don't have to dig out the ems every time I run AEM Pro.

I understand what you mean. He said once serial gauge connected and communicating with EMS you can't connect to ECU in AEM Pro

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
There's got to be some kind of work around. Maybe I'll just get a longer serial cable, run it under the seat and extend the serial guage harness to plug into it. Then I can just unplug it and plug in the laptop without going near the EMS itself.