Can i get your opinion

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Royal Purple XPR Racing oils are not suitable for a street car. It does not have the additives necessary to keep the oil viable for street conditions. Just because something says "race" in it's label does not make it good ;)

Suggest you research this section and come up with a different oil.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
jdub;1418075 said:
Royal Purple XPR Racing oils are not suitable for a street car. It does not have the additives necessary to keep the oil viable for street conditions. Just because something says "race" in it's label does not make it good ;)

Suggest you research this section and come up with a different oil.

Im going with 5w30 for right now. Mobil1 5w30. Not the best, but not the worst.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
For the money you're spending for the (Group III) Mobile 1, you'd be better off getting Pennzoil Platinum if you're gonna run a Group III based synthetic.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
i recommend you read jdubs oil 101 class in his signature its very informative

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Poodles;1419429 said:
jdub: thought you might be interested in this about RP: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...n=113354&Words=purple&Search=true#Post1568288

Seems to break down to a lower weight quickly...

RP is notorious for doing that. From that analysis, it does look like the additive pack has improved though...I see RP is still using a stout amount of ZDDP (zinc) in their formulation. Helps explain the low wear numbers even though the oil sheared down to 20W viscosity.