can anyone tell what it is???

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of what brand or type of speaker this is, they came with the car when i bought it, i just have no idea of what it is and if its good or not

here are the pictures (click for a larger picture)

thank you for the help :biglaugh:

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
They look just like the ones out of my 1989 JDM MKIII GT Limited. I took apart the doors completely, fairly interesting... no clip ons but bottoms screw off :). And while it doesnt look like 4'' enclosure, once the door comes off you get nice access to the pod. It's also padded for sound deadening which is nifty.

As for brand.. I have the plastic bag where I chucked mine, I can check exactly in 5.5hrs when I get back home from work, and i'll tell ya :).

I replaced mine with a sweet pair of Pioneer TS-E1076.

Link here... I got them for $130 from a local dealer... but Australia sux for Audio something tragic... wish I had the retailers that America has... :S much muhc bigger Market....

http://www.ryda.com.au/Pioneer-TS-E1076-Car-Speakers-p/tse1076.htm

These 4''s also provide a great sound... excellent clarity crispness for mid-high range frequencies but I did do full rewiring for the 4''s.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
thanks for the reply vas

those speakers were in the car when i bought it from another guy, he had a Sub and amp in the car plus a head unit, the wire for the speakers is all over the place i have no idea what is what just wanted to see if i should be changing these, and by the sound of it i guess i should lol

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Yeah I would because I think the wiring from back then, not that it isn't good is just a little too thin to carry the sound that a great system these days should be making. I had the identical speakers and they're stock. Seems the guy that had the sub in, left the fronts as they are, because they were a bit of a job :) but A lot of fun stripping the doors.

Re-wiring shoudln't be too hard either, as the gromet from the door has a fair amount of space in it. I guess aswell the only other reason to rewire, might aswell while/if you're changing the 4''s with a new pair.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
supraman7mgte said:
they look like... they should be replaced

LOL... when I replaced mine this last weekend, the old cone on the left was actually ruptured somehow... from the previous owner probably injected a little tooo much base and turned the knob up.

I believe they are 15W RMS too ;) If anybody wanted to know specifics.. lol not too shabby.. but just a tad old.

Last edited:

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
bobiseverywhere said:
ah ok thnx,

THe last set of stocker that i saw were in my 88 and looked nothing like that

Was it a Series 1 or Series 2??? Because although my Supra is 88th August.. its the very first of the Series II GT Limited with full rear taillights. I just normally say its a 89 to not draw any confusion.

Last edited:

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
hey Vas

here in North America we did not have any 88's that came with light like that in the back or even a GT series car just Turbo or non-turbo.

I wish i had pictures of them, they were really cheesy speakers and i swapped them for some other cheesy pioneers and they pioneers were still better LOL

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
bobiseverywhere said:
hey Vas

here in North America we did not have any 88's that came with light like that in the back or even a GT series car just Turbo or non-turbo.

I wish i had pictures of them, they were really cheesy speakers and i swapped them for some other cheesy pioneers and they pioneers were still better LOL

Yeah I dont think in Australia they had the GT series either, mine's a Jap import I guess that's why 88/8 was the first and I happen to get my hands on it.:naughty:

Got to love RHD :icon_razz

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
F U aussies and your jap imports!! :(

This is my golden reply.

:naughty: /end

but F U Americans and the bigg 7M market... :( Down here honestly... just like car audio.. its not as easy to get parts for your car as in mods etc.. God Bless international shipping :biglaugh: