brake fluid leaking between master cylinder and brake booster

jeddyminit

Jul 20, 2009
San Diego 858
Hey guys i have an 87 mk3. 2 weeks ago i lost braking power, did some tests and ruled out that my brake booster was bad.
I ended up replacing both the brake booster and brake master cylinder, when everything was put back together and ready to be bled, I gave the pedal a couple pumps and I could hear air when pressing on the pedal. I had a buddy pump the brakes while I listen and look for leaks and found one between the master cylinder and booster. I thought maybe I got a defective master cylinder so I got it replaced.
Got the new replacement installed and I'm still having the same problem!

Have any of you guys ever had this problem or maybe someone can point me in the right direction on how to solve this?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
You did replace it with news parts correct? If you are hearing a hissing sound did you replace the brake booster twice as well? It sounds like you have a bad brake booster but I would also check to make sure your one way air valve (metal piece between the two incoming vacuum hoses to brake booster) is good and holding vacuum too.

jeddyminit

Jul 20, 2009
San Diego 858
plaaya69;2089841 said:
You did replace it with news parts correct? If you are hearing a hissing sound did you replace the brake booster twice as well? It sounds like you have a bad brake booster but I would also check to make sure your one way air valve (metal piece between the two incoming vacuum hoses to brake booster) is good and holding vacuum too.

Yes correct. (well remanufactured) I'll double check the one way valve.